another page in process…..
Flibe Energy – a private company, so we don’t know who finds it. USA – Kirk Sorensen is a founder of Flibe Energy and President and Chief Technical Officer. South East Asia – Benjamin Soon, Executive Director and Chief Business Development Officer for Flibe Energy in Southeast Asia. Australia – Gerry Grove-White – Non Executive director, expert in mechanical engineering and finance.
Robert Hargraves is a prominent advisor to the company, and a principal propagandist.
General Atomics. Nuclear armaments company, but now also pushing thorium reactors with that magic promise of “turning nuclear wastes into an energy resource”. Has patented a “small modular nuclear reactor” and applied to USA Department of Energy (DOE) for funding.
iThEC (Sweden) an organisation bringing together – funding source not clear
- Scientific and technical knowledge from the world’s leading research institutes
- Political decision makers
- Industrial partnerships
Steenkampskraal Thorium Limited (STL) South Africa) owns:
– The rights to the thorium at the Steenkampskraal monazite mine in South Africa,
– A significant share in THOR Energy in Norway, where an irradiation program is underway to characterize and qualify thorium-based fuel for deployment in Light Water Reactors (LWRs),
– A completed concept design of the HTMR100,a 35 MWe (100 MWth) high temperature gas-cooled reactor (HTGR).
Thor Energy (Norway) Plans to make reactors using thorium MOX fuel. The company is managed from Oslo, Norway, and is currently owned by Thor Corporation (77.1%), Steenkampskraal Thorium Ltd. (14.1%). Thorium Foundation (5.3 %) and Statoil Ventures AS (3.5%). Thor Corporation is a subsidiary company of Scatec and holds another company related to thorium, Fen Mining. Scatec is a group of renewable energy enterprises with major solar and wind energy interests – including mono-crystalline wafer production, solar PV plant system integration, and offshore wind technology.